Ready to Be Evaluated?
Selecting a Physician
- The choosing of a physician can be a difficult task. Multiple factors will play a role in your decision.
- Ask friends who have seen a sleep physician for their recommendations
- If you have a trusted physician, ask whom they would recommend.
- Review the physicians who are contracted with your insurance.
- Look at the Internet site of the physicians
- Look up the physicians on the American Academy of Sleep Medicines web site.
- Check with your state medical board for the physicians you are considering.
- Check the sleep centers the physicians you are considering work at or with to perform testing
- Selecting a Sleep Center
Choosing a sleep center – Sometimes it is better to choose a center for evaluation rather than an individual physician. This is particularly true if the center has it own physician who see and care for patients. They may practice under the sleep center business or they may have their own practices.
Need further information before proceeding
Want to have a more in depth self-evaluation?
See our affiliated Sleep Self Help site for a more comprehensive evaluation. (Coming 2019)