The Sleep Center is committed to improving sleep health in Arizona. Our comprehensive services for individuals are designed to diagnose and treat all sleep disorders. Problems going to sleep, staying asleep, sleeping too much, sleeping at the wrong time, sleeping during the day, and moving or acting strangely during sleep are many of the issues we address.
The Sleep Center is also a resource for healthcare professionals to assist them in serving their patients. Information about presenting symptoms, diagnosis and management of sleep problems, and up-to-date sleep research is available. Our out-reach program is available to healthcare providers as well as business, charity and community service organizations.
This web site is designed to inform you about sleep disorders and how they are evaluated. The common and dangerous problem of Obstructive Sleep Apnea is reviewed in depth. Information and resources for learning about all sleep disorders can also be found on our site.
We are proud to be the Phoenix metropolitan area’s first and finest physician owned sleep center accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. The Sleep Center P.C. has also achieved accreditation by the Academy as a center for Home Sleep Apnea Testing.
We hope our site is helpful to you and that we have the opportunity to serve you.
How can we help? Getting Started will guide you through our services for evaluations, testing and treatments.
We provide educational services to businesses and organizations. These services are tailored to the services needed.
We provide sleep medicine screening service to businesses and organizations. These services are tailored to meet the requirements needed.
We offer a wide array of sleep related testing to evaluate the problems experienced with sleep. Testing is directed by your physician’s evaluation and requires a physicians order.
- Home Sleep Apnea Testing
- Overnight sleep testing (polysomnograms)
- Multiple Sleep Latency Testing (MSLT)
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT)
- Nightime seizure testing (EEG)
- Home position monitoring
- Home actigraphy
- Night-time home oxygen monitoring (nocturnal oximetry)
Treatments for disorders of sleep vary greatly and each individual will have different needs. Our treatment programs are designed and tailored for each person and their individual needs.
- Disorders of Initiating and Maintaining Sleep
- Sleep habit modifications
- Sleep structure modifications
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Medications for control of symptoms
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Medications for control of symptoms
- Medications for daytime sleepiness
- Medications for cataplexy
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Positive airway pressure treatments for apnea
- Mask fittings
- Positive airway equipment review
Our services represent a significant value. We provide comprehensive care of sleep problems and disorders of sleep. We diagnose, treat, and care for patients with sleep issues. By providing the entire spectrum of care, our practice is unusual and unique.
The past few years have seen significant decreases in coverage of medical care by some insurance companies. They promise quality care and then limit the patient’s access to that care. They limit that care with the requirements for pre-approval for visits, tests and treatments. We work with many major companies but that list has been dwindling. In the current environment, insurance companies are changing contracts faster than physicians can assess the changes. As a result, please call for our current contract information for your policy. Our staff will be happy to assist you.
The medical professionals at The Sleep Center understand that many of you are suffering from fatigue and frustration; that you are tired of being tired, eager to find a cure, and ready to regain your quality of life. Our staff understands this because every day, they successfully diagnose and treat people just like you.
We are proud to provide the most up-to-date information on sleep disorders, and use the most current technologies available to diagnose and treat sleep disorders.
Physician Team Leadership & Expertise
- Our physicians have over 100 years of cumulative sleep medicine experience. The center’s Medical Director, Dr. Robert Hooper, MD, is Board Certified in Sleep Medicine.
- We are also supported by board-certified specialists in the areas of pulmonology, neurology, otolaryngology, psychology, dentistry, psychiatry, and others.
- We provide the most current technologies available to diagnose and treat sleep disorders.
- Our facility is contemporary for optimal sleep comfort without the hospital feel.
- We are centrally located in beautiful and sunny Scottsdale, Arizona.
- We keep timely appointments.
Customer Oriented Staff
We are committed to the highest standards and will not compromise on quality care and patient satisfaction.
Complete Continuum of Care
From diagnosis to treatment and follow-up, our staff is dedicated to helping patients get the best service and outcomes available.
Certification by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
We have received national recognition for the quality of services provided by our facility. Download the accreditation benefit list.